Home/Main Menu >>         Latest >>
Photograph by Hubert Parrish
Home/Main Menu >>  Search >> Mailing List >>  E-mail Vulcans in Camera >>
Vulcan Forum >>
Links >>         Guestbook >>

A rare photograph of Avro Vulcan B2 XH556 of No 230 OCU, seen touching down at RAF Finningley circa 1963. 556 was the last B2 to be fitted with the early shallow engine intakes and from December 1959 was used for development. It entered RAF service in September 1961 with No 27 Squadron at RAF Scampton. When No 27 Squadron began to receive its Vulcan B2 Blue Steels in early 1963, 556 was transfered to No 230 OCU. In April 1966, 556's undercarriage collapsed on engine start-up, was written-off and towed to the Finningley fire dump.

Malcolm Taylor Collection © Hubert Parrish.           

Submit Image >>

Home/Main Menu >>

Can you add anything?
 
Please help us identify the page by supplying the caption from the navigation menu and the file-name.  
Caption:
 
File:
 
Name:
 
E-mail:
 
   

Site © copyright Andy Leitch