Home/Main Menu >>         Latest >>
Photograph by Geoff Parrish
Home/Main Menu >>  Search >> Mailing List >>  E-mail Vulcans in Camera >>
Vulcan Forum >>
Links >>         Guestbook >>

The first Vulcan B2 XH533 at the Farnborough Air Show in September 1958. The aircraft can be indentified as 533 because it has a Mk2 wing, has serial numbers on its undersurfaces, and it has an extra (lower) pitot head between the bomb-aimer's blister and the roundal. As initially flown and shown here, 533 had no ECM bulge at the rear but one was later fitted. On the fin is an Avro badge, behing the roundal a Hawker Siddeley badge, and in the intakes 'BRISTOL OLYMPUS ENGINES'. Engined with four Olympus 200s (BOl6 or Bristol Olympus 6) of 16000lb thrust, 533 first flew in August 1958 and was delivered to A&AEE in March 1959. After a trial's life of some 10 years, 533 was retired to RAF St Athan and was finally scrapped in 1970.

Malcolm Taylor Collection © Geoff Parrish.           

Submit Image >>

Home/Main Menu >>

Can you add anything?
 
Please help us identify the page by supplying the caption from the navigation menu and the file-name.  
Caption:
 
File:
 
Name:
 
E-mail:
 
   

Site © copyright Andy Leitch